PDA

View Full Version : White-eyed buzzard

Ajit Huilgol
11-02-2009, 10:53 PM
The white-eyed buzzard is a smallish bird of prey (43 cm), and is to be found throughout India in open country, including cultivated lands. Only the adult has the distinctive white eye. This one is a juvenile, and took off when I approached. Note the black mesial streak on white throat, which separates this from all other buzzards.
Species: White-eyed buzzard (Butastur teesa)
Date: Nov 207
Equip: Canon 1D Mlll, Canon 500 f4
Specs: ISO 400, f 5.6, 1/3200s, hand-held from my vehicle

Thank you for taking the time out to look, and for your comments/critiques

Harshad Barve
11-02-2009, 11:11 PM
lovely take off shot , nice pose and IQ here
However I would love to see this image atleast 1000 pix wide
TFS

Stu Bowie
11-02-2009, 11:59 PM
Well timed for the take off, and would like to see the next frame if you have one. I wold also like to see this larger.

Clement Francis
11-03-2009, 02:06 AM
Nice light and great timing of the shot too

Narayan Pai
11-03-2009, 03:32 AM
Nice flight shot sir... can you post a larger(wider) frame ?

Mital Patel
11-03-2009, 05:10 AM
nice lift shot Ajit. would surely love to see the larger view. i am having odd view with this image as it has more of white on bottom and right dont know why .. little disturbing thing.

may be with larger view it may have a nice details to see

Doug Brown
11-03-2009, 08:11 AM
I agree with the comments by others about seeing a larger version of this image. Your timing was good, but I'd be interested to know if you have a frame with better wing position. The light angle was not ideal, as the visible eye is somewhat in the shadows.

Randy Stout
11-04-2009, 03:56 PM
Ajit:

Technical issues already nicely covered. My biggest concern is the composition. All the weight is down in the right corner, and it feels very unbalanced. I would prefer more below, and less to the left. There is more than enough space for the bird to fly into. I am not fond of the unusual white frame and drop shadow.

Randy

Randy