PDA

View Full Version : The Folks

Julie Kenward
11-02-2009, 08:38 PM
My parents retired last year and moved back to Kansas City a few months ago to be closer to my brother and I. I invited them out for a walk through West Bend State Park last weekend and managed to hang back and get a few photos of the two of them walking through the woods. This is their typical M.O. - my dad with his cameras and my mom putting up with my dad and his cameras. :D:D:D Imagine how thrilled she was to find out she'd lost me to the "sickness" as well...

Thought this might make a nice stocking stuffer come Christmas time.

Harshad Barve
11-02-2009, 08:46 PM
They are looking great
Nice painting effect
TFS

Gus Cobos
11-02-2009, 09:39 PM
Very , very nice Julie...you should be very proud of them...God bless...:) I like the perspective and the painterly effect applied...it does look like a Holiday Card...congrats on both counts...:):cool:

Alfred Forns
11-02-2009, 10:25 PM
Looks like he is carrying a Domke F-2 Neat !!! Love this image Jules

Ed Cordes
11-02-2009, 10:49 PM
Nice effect in the image. Cherish your time with your folks. It is one of life's most precious things. And, yes, "the sickness" is contagious. ;)

denise ippolito
11-03-2009, 07:16 AM
Nice to have your folks so close Julie, This has a nice painted feeling. This will be a nice gift.I'm sure your Dad is beaming w/ pride over you!!:)

Judy Lynn Malloch
11-03-2009, 09:30 AM
Awesome Julie and how special to have them so near you now. I can just see you and your Dad compsring images !!!!!!!!! Poor Mom. Only kidding I am sure she is thrilled to see you so envoved with photography too. Love this special moment that you captured and many thanks for sharing.

Anita Bower
11-08-2009, 08:42 AM
Thanks for sharing your parents with us. Reminds me of the many walks I took with my parents, starting in my childhood and continuing until their deaths. They loved the beauty of nature. You are so fortunate to have them close. :-)

Roman Kurywczak
11-08-2009, 09:07 PM
Hey Jules,
I too am blessed to have both my parents.....so this is one great moment! Mom will understand...as only they can!
The moment is worth more than anything!!!....glad you have them around to share!