PDA

View Full Version : Fire Water

Julie Kenward
11-02-2009, 08:09 PM
I really love photographing leaves on the surface of water this time of year because of all the interesting colors that show up in the reflection. I created this image over the weekend when most of the fall color was just starting to darken and die - so the colors came out deep and very intense.

Canon 40D, 400mm f/5.6L
f11 @ 1/60th, ISO 400
Manual mode, pattern metering, handheld, overcast and end-of-day light
ACR & CS4: Slight curves adjustment and a mild LAB boost in the colors, small crop.

Harshad Barve
11-02-2009, 10:14 PM
too much of space on top is my biggest concern , rest looks spot on
TFS

Mike Fuhr
11-03-2009, 07:28 AM
I like this one and do not mind the extra space because of the colors it brings into the frame. I do wish you could see more of the leaf though. I know, tough at the angle you need for capturing the colorful reflections.

Susan Griffith
11-03-2009, 12:56 PM
I like the space on top.. it really creates a sense of depth to the image.

-Susan

Jerry van Dijk
11-04-2009, 02:48 PM
Hi Julie, lovely colors and great contrast between the leaf and the water! It's that time of year again...
I also feel that there is too much empty space at the top, I even would go as far as cropping off half of the image from the top. I do like the moving texture of the water though, it really makes this image special instead of just a shot of a leaf in the water.
Kind regards,

Jerry.

Anita Bower
11-04-2009, 05:59 PM
What is LAB? I didn't find it in the list of acronyms.

I like the deep colors of the reflections contrasting with the light color of the leaf. Love the texture of the water--just beautiful. I like the lines that seem to lead to the leaf--the tops of the reds.

There is something about the leaf that doesn't fully work for me. I think it might be the bright areas of lighter color.

The amount of water works for me. Keep the leaf and water images coming!!!