PDA

View Full Version : Back at it again

Susan Griffith
11-02-2009, 02:04 PM
Well after many months of inactivity/illness/work, i finally made it out on one of our fall days up here in the PNW. I had one goal and that was to pick an area and just take photos of anything i could find from as many different angle. The other goal was to do all this hand held.

Well this was one of my favorites from that trip. I remember Mike's leaves last year and this was rather inspired by his work. CC always welcome.

This was shot with a 7D, 100 mm f2.8L, at 5.6, 1/30th, ISO 800

-Susan

Dave Leroy
11-02-2009, 04:39 PM
I love that wet, west coastish look and feel. Well done. For me a bit more room on the sides seems right. Nice colours, and I don't mind the forest litter in bg. Dave

Julie Kenward
11-02-2009, 07:37 PM
Susan, it's great to see you back! It sounds like you are on the road to recovery.

I like the plant - love the deep intense burgandy against the mossy green. Compwise I think I'd eliminate everything above the top petal - it feels like too much clutter at the top for my taste. I also like that you brought the stem in from a diagonal - very nicely placed! I'm sure Mike will be proud!

Jerry van Dijk
11-04-2009, 02:52 PM
Hi Susan, wonderful texture and color on the leaf. I am a bit distracted though by all the other things in the frame. I like the contrast with the dark wood. With only wood and the leaf in the frame, you may end up with a wonderful two toned image.
Kind regards,

Jerry.