PDA

View Full Version : Doņana gekko

Jerry van Dijk
11-01-2009, 04:12 PM
Just received my prints from my trip to Coto Doņana in Spain. I liked this one in particular, hope you like it too. We shared our house with this little fellow.
Kind regards,

Jerry.

Panasonic DMC FZ18, handheld, 83 mm (500 mm eq.), ISO-100, aperture priority, F/4.2, 1/50 sec, +0.3 EC, RAW.
Raw editing in Silkypix, PP in Corel Photopaint. 90 degree rotation and cropping for composition, levels, sharpness, NR. Cloned out a big crack in the wall.

http://i38.tinypic.com/2qtg9cg.jpg

Dave Leroy
11-02-2009, 04:23 PM
I like it. Nicely done Jerry. I especially like the dof. Good for you to catch the eye and what looks like a nice smile as well. Dave

Julie Kenward
11-02-2009, 07:18 PM
Jerry, it almost looks like the little guy has on a sequin jacket! Neat textures and angles in this and I do like the facial expression/eye area. I find myself wishing there was a little bit more of the body in the frame to make that back foot relate to the body better. I'm also wondering if you tried to tone down the wall at all - it feels very harsh compared to the warmer textures and colors on the Geiko. My last thought was if you tried to get a little lower - more to his eye level - wondering what that would look like as well.

All in all I think you have a nice image here. I'd clean up the reddish area behind his arm and between those back toes and try to soften the harsh light on the stucco and I bet you'd really have a winner here.

Jerry van Dijk
11-04-2009, 02:29 PM
Hi there, sorry for not getting back to you sooner, work has been extemely busy.
Thanks for the comments. I had to struggle to make something out of this image. The gekko was still partly hidden under some ornament on the wall, that's why I cut the frame off halfway the body. The lower part of the frame stops at another wall, so no chance for a lower angle! Toning down the wall would be a good idea. I only adapted EC based on the histogram now and applied levels. Could this be fixed with a curves adjustment? The red stuff between the toes belongs to the gekko, so I'd rather leave it in.
Thanks for the suggestions!

Jerry.