PDA

View Full Version : Abandoned

Judy Lynn Malloch
11-01-2009, 03:42 PM
This was taken on one of our trips up to St. Augustine last spring. The water was so still in the early morning and just a beautiful time before the day began.

Nikon D300
Nikon 70 to 200 mm
ISO 640
1/80, F 5.6

All comments are appreciated. thanks.

Roman Kurywczak
11-01-2009, 04:21 PM
Hi Judy Lynn,
Maybe I'm a sap....but I never get tired of the simple scenes....even if they have been done B4......great angle, reflection, and color.....only recommendation is to tone down the upper half to bring in some more color......but not to even it out...as I like the gradient. While in most cases I don't like a vignette.....it works in this case very well. Very nicely done!

Harold Davis
11-01-2009, 05:01 PM
i agree with roman....i love these type scenes! toning the top side will help, too. cool image, neighbor!!!

Dave Mills
11-01-2009, 06:12 PM
Hi Judy, Agree with Roman about never tiring of seeing images like this. I look for them when I'm in harbors or seaside areas. I like the diagonal positioning along with the reflection. The graduated light also adds to the interest and I agree about a small bit of toning down buy not to lose the effect.

Robert Amoruso
11-06-2009, 07:04 PM
A bit late to the game Judy but wanted to say I like the execution here. I agree that toning down the top is a good idea and I would make the vignetting affect at the top more pronounced too.

Trevor Hughes
11-07-2009, 03:42 AM
I can't add anything new to what's been said, but I wanted to say that I too, love the simplicity of this shot.