PDA

View Full Version : Another Pink Dahlia

Anita Bower
11-01-2009, 04:55 AM
Pink is not really my color, but I seem to have lots of pink flowers. We haven't had a hard frost and my Dahlias are still blooming. Joy! :D

Nikon D300, Sigma 105mm macro, f40 (effective), 6 sec., ISO 100, manual focus (Live View), manual exposure, tripod, indoors with natural light--overcast late afternoon. RAW conversion in Elements 7, pp in PS7 and Topaz Adjust.

Harshad Barve
11-01-2009, 07:21 AM
One fabulous shot , lovely compo and great details
TFS

Julie Kenward
11-01-2009, 08:30 AM
I really love the way you get those yellows to glow next to all that pink! I would think your overcast light has something to do with the fact that there's not a shadow on any of those petals - very nicely exposed!

I'm unsure of that URC, though...my eye keeps going to it wanting to know what lies ahead. It's not a deal breaker but you might play around with a tighter crop on that right side.

You certainly are making me want to plant another flower garden next year, Anita!

Anita Bower
11-01-2009, 08:39 AM
I really love the way you get those yellows to glow next to all that pink! I would think your overcast light has something to do with the fact that there's not a shadow on any of those petals - very nicely exposed!

I'm unsure of that URC, though...my eye keeps going to it wanting to know what lies ahead. It's not a deal breaker but you might play around with a tighter crop on that right side.

You certainly are making me want to plant another flower garden next year, Anita!

Thanks, Jules. I, too, am unsure of the urc. I played with the brightness, saturation, color, but none satisfied. I will try tighter crop.

If you love flowers, growing them is a joy. But then, there are so many joys in life, it can be hard to choose.

:D

Dave Leroy
11-01-2009, 10:02 AM
Lovely looking flower Anita. I really like the nice soft feel to it. Dave

Christopher Miller
11-01-2009, 09:52 PM
Love the soft colors here, Anita! I like your composition with the flower center off-centered, but I agree with Jules on bring uncertain about the URC.