2 sec
f/20
ISO 100
163 mm focal length
tripod
cable release

Robert O'Toole
02-13-2008, 08:11 PM
I like the soft light and the colors. The comp is a split into 2 shapes.

Trimming a little off the top might stregthen the image.

Robert

Alfred Forns
02-13-2008, 08:11 PM
I like this composition a lot Leaf placement is excellent and reflected saturated surfaces sure make the image Would not mind seeing a different version with a higher shutter speed Might give the water a nice texture I like it a lot

btw would appreciated if you could send me your name for updating Trying to have all members with first and last name or at least two initials and last name Thanks !!!

Ed Cordes
02-13-2008, 08:21 PM
Very nice presentation. I assume you used f 20 to get the longer SS? A suggestion would be to use a polarizing filter to reduce the light by 2 stops. It would also enable you to control the specular highlights a bit more. To my eye they currently give the image a "flashed" look.

Tony Kirkby
02-14-2008, 08:02 AM
I keep coming back to have a look at this. It's very nice. lovely texture. I cropped the lower part but I'm not sure if it was the right thing to do. The lower leaf seems out of sync with the others.

Jeroen Stel
02-15-2008, 03:12 AM
I like the play between movement and still in this photogarph!
I would crop it just a tad tighter from top and bottom.

Well done!

Greetings,

Jeroen Stel

intoit
02-15-2008, 08:39 AM
Thanks for the comments all! Ed, I did have a circular polarizer on but looking again maybe I'll try a burn on the highlights just to take them down a bit:-) Tony, thanks for your considered crop - not sure how this would print out though with the odd size. I see what you mean with the trio of leaves - I took a lot of shots of this little area so I'll look through them again and see if I can find something with a stronger comp.