PDA

View Full Version : Falls at Ricketts Glenn

Roman Kurywczak
10-31-2009, 12:53 PM
Here is another fall from Ricketts Glenn SP from a few weeks back. I don't normally include skies.....but it was blue yet overcast....so decided to give it a try as I liked the bent tree above the falls. Had to decide what to do with all the foam......chose to use it as a leading line.
Canon 1D Mark lll with the 17-40mm lens @17mm for 2 seconds at f22 and ISO 100 all tripod mounted with Graf Studioball head...bubble level in HS and split nd used briefly from top of falls up. Lee CP also used.
As always with these type of high detail landscapes had to save around 65 quality.

Morkel Erasmus
10-31-2009, 01:18 PM
love the colours, detail and textures here Roman. great stacking of the falls and forest to strengthen the composition. I'm glad you included the fallen tree and sky.

Dave Mills
10-31-2009, 03:28 PM
Roman, Compositionally well handled along with the even lighting.In this case the fallen tree acts as a mild frame and works well along with the blue sky. Haven't quite made up my mind if the foam trail on the bottom right is an asset or a liability since due to it's brightness seems to take precedence over the main rock foreground.

denise ippolito
11-01-2009, 07:09 AM
Roman, I like the water flow and the color tones within the image. I think that the fallen tree adds a bit of interest. Nicely done.

Nick Palmieri
11-01-2009, 08:43 AM
I Like the sky, the tree and SS chosen for the falls. I'm borderline on the foam, wouldn't guess this as a Roman image but it certainly works in my opinion.

Robert Amoruso
11-01-2009, 12:34 PM
Roman,

The composition is strong but I would have to vote no on the foam. The water may have been tea-colored but I find that unappetizing. I tried a white point selection in Levels and that whitened up the water nicely.

Roman Kurywczak
11-01-2009, 05:15 PM
Hi All,
Thanks!....rest assured I had the same reservations about the foam.....so I went horizontal and tighter to minimize it. I don't mind the tea colored water...as that was au natural.....but the re-post shows the horizontal and water lightened/whiter....thoughts?

Dave Mills
11-01-2009, 06:23 PM
Roman, I feel you hit a good compromise on the repost....

Grady Weed
11-03-2009, 07:06 AM
Roman, I went against the flow, pun intended, and cropped out the tree as you did here. I love the tea colored water, it is natural as you mentioned. I also like the foam and the rocks on the bottom left as make a nice circle formation. If you keep the top first posted version, I would remove the just to where you did this one above but keep the original bottom. Either way repost looks better to me if I were to choose between the 2 posted versions.