PDA

View Full Version : Monitor Problem

Don Thompson
10-31-2009, 12:02 PM
I am having a monitor problem. The top 1/3 of the monitor has a pink cast to it. I didn't notice the problem until I calibrated it, but I have removed all of the profiles and have switched back to the defaults and the color is still there. I have tried another monitor and still have the color.

This began after a motherboard failure/replacement. Could it be a bad motherboard? Could it be a graphics card?

Help?

Nancy A Elwood
10-31-2009, 06:30 PM
Did you check that the graphics card is in tightly? Do you have another graphics card to check with?

Don Thompson
10-31-2009, 09:18 PM
Sorry I am so late in responding but I had to go see my grand-daughters for Halloween.

I did pull the card and reset it. I don't have a spare at home but I do have a spare at work that I can borrow long enough to test.

I actually got worse after I posted. The computer shut itself off and now it will only boot in safe mode. There is a message indicating a possible problem with the driver but the driver was recently updated after a problem with the motherboard. I suspect a bad graphics card.

I am beginning to wonder if maybe the computer didn't take a power surge of some sort since the motherboard failure and now this.