PDA

View Full Version : Tiger Cub (F)

Harshad Barve
10-31-2009, 06:37 AM
Dear All
Made this image in Kanha NP with D700, 300/f4 at f5 , ISO 400 , handheld 1/400secs
Gaussian blurr 0.8 pix on BG
all C & C are most welcome and much appreciated
Harshad

Morkel Erasmus
10-31-2009, 06:48 AM
another lovely tiger Bhai...although I like the stare and that you got one catchlight, I do wish that the light which was falling so nicely on her hind quarters would have lit her up more, especially to the face. Given that the BG and FG is in shadow this would have taken the shot to another level.

still enough to make me jealous as is :)

I might increase contrast a bit to make her 'pop' a bit more...

Harshad Barve
10-31-2009, 06:56 AM
Morkelbhai
here is contrast boosted repost

Morkel Erasmus
10-31-2009, 07:06 AM
Bhai - hope you don't mind but I played with it a bit :)

your repost looks good, so I took that one and applied the following (very quick work so it might look sloppy):

a. further Gaussian blur to BG, 5px
b. local contrast enhancement - USM 20%,50px
c. selected tigress and lifted shadows a bit more

what do you think? shout if the colours don't look natural anymore (haven't seen a live tiger yet except in the zoo when I was little ;))

Harshad Barve
10-31-2009, 07:27 AM
Morkelbhai
Lovely repost , colors looks tad overdone , but can be easily controlled

David Fletcher
10-31-2009, 08:39 AM
Lovely to see it out in the open Harshad. Like the repost on frame 3. 4 looks a tiny bit over done which isn't easy as opening a jpeg from the net and re-posting adds contrast and is difficult to gauge the amount needed. Good points re the light but that's how it was. Thanks for sharing.

Kiran Khanzode
10-31-2009, 10:55 AM
I am not sure if it's my monitor or the lighting, but the colors in the first post look washed out. The first re-post doesn't make it any better either. Good sighting, nonetheless. The D700 is capable of better images, am sure.
Morkel's post does make it a bit better, but then enhances the lighting effect which should have been on the face.

Glad to see you finally visit my favorite location in India. Am planning to go to Ranthambhore next week...hopefully you can visit as well.

TFS.

Stu Bowie
10-31-2009, 12:30 PM
This is a pretty large cub Harshad. Love the eye contact, and I too am jealous of such great sightings. Both reposts work well.

Prasanna Ravindranath
09-24-2010, 10:15 PM
great moment...but unlucky shadows