PDA

View Full Version : Diademed Tanager

Adams Serra
10-30-2009, 03:57 PM
I was abble to photograph this guy on the highlands of Itatiaia national park in south east Brazil at about 2500m

Mark III
600mm
F 8.0
1/200
Iso 800
Fill Flash

All comments are appreciated

Geraldo Hofmann
10-30-2009, 04:14 PM
A great shot of one of my favorite species, where about at Itatiaia did you find it, was it visiting a feeder? I am nosey because I will go to there in three weeks and would love to find this species.

Lovely picture the backgound is a little to busy and bright for my tatste but ... thats just me .

Geraldo

Arsdel Fluesmeier
10-30-2009, 04:16 PM
A great shot , Colors and detail very good.

Randy Stout
10-30-2009, 04:22 PM
Adams:

A beautiful bird I haven't seen before.

Sharp, well exposed, nice angle in frame.

I might consider toning down the few hot spots in the background, and might dim the catchlight just a bit. Other than the too bright catchlight, the flash work is excellent.

I looked at the comp for a while, and because the perch already acts as a visual stop, I think you might crop in from the right a bit, perhaps 1/3 of the free space before perch. And a sliver off the top.

Thanks for sharing.

Randy

Adams Serra
10-30-2009, 04:26 PM
Oi Geraldo,
I like clean BG also, but i think this one shows a bit of enviroment and is far enough behind the bird that it does not became a distraction. I found this guy na parte alta do park by one of the pousadas that got shot down by the :eek::eek:crazy Ibama people:confused::confused:

Juan Carlos Vindas
10-30-2009, 10:53 PM
Very nice looking tanager!

Love the branch/liana/bejuco where is perching. Really nice eye contact, colors and head angle, fill flash really helped here. Agree about the busy BG, but heck!

Geraldo Hofmann
10-31-2009, 04:40 AM
Muito obrigado Adams,
I will do my best to find them :-) . I looked again and again at the picture and finally ... found out it is not to busy but to bright for my taste ... but to be honest I would be muito feliz if I get a shot like this.

Geraldo