PDA

View Full Version : Feather In The Pines

Mike Moats
10-29-2009, 07:36 PM
Shot this with the new Tamron 60mm lens.

Fuji S5, natural light, tripod, F2.0 1/30sec

Julie Kenward
10-29-2009, 08:27 PM
Okay, I gotta know - did you stumble on this or is it a set up? (That's what I love about your work - I'm never sure...I always believe you walked up and there it was!)

I love the color palette and the lighting in this one and the feather is so nice the way it fades into the bg.

Desmond Chan
10-30-2009, 02:23 AM
I love the color palette and the lighting in this one

Hope you don't mind me simply quoting Julie since I feel the same way about the color and the light. I wonder though if letting the background more oof would be better. It seems to me this one could also work well with a simple background. The only concern I have is perhaps a tighter crop would be in order :)

Mike Moats
10-30-2009, 04:42 AM
Hey Jules, I did place the feather there. Found the feather and the pine branch lying on the ground and felt they needed each other:D Hey Desmond, I agree a tighter crop would also work well here, I left it a little larger because I didn't like the OOF needle inthe forground of the leaf and felt if I cropped it the OOF needles would stand out more in the frame. Thanks:)

Ed Vatza
10-30-2009, 09:10 AM
Nice comp, color and detail Mike. I agree with Jules. However you do it, your comps always look very natural. Well done.

Don Lacy
10-30-2009, 09:36 AM
Hi Mike. i really like the colors and flow of the image,well done.

Anita Bower
10-31-2009, 05:39 PM
I like all the different lines, the colors, the various textures. Wish the left side were not so dark.

Roman Kurywczak
10-31-2009, 08:32 PM
Hey Mike,
Can't add much to above.....interesting to see 2.0 from you.