PDA

View Full Version : I need some bags! 600/4, tripod, etc

Jim Poor
02-13-2008, 01:49 PM
Up to now (since 04) I've carried and stored my 600 in the original trunk it came with. I'd just set it up on location and carry it out.

When I go the 200-400, I really liked the carrying bag it came with.

I've never used any sort of case for my tripods, but suppose it is time to start.

I've gone through enough backpacks to supply a small college and unless they are super special, I'm not really looking at them at present.

I'm not set on one bag that can do it all either. So individual solutions for each piece of equipment are fine.

I have plenty of ways to carry accessories in the field.

Any ideas?

Doug West
02-13-2008, 02:40 PM
Jim,

The best thing I EVER bought for my 600 (and back) is the Lens Trekker 600AW.
I can fit my 600 attached to my 1D Mark II. I can even attach the 1.4x and still get
the zipper to close shut if I try really hard. This is with the lens hood reversed (no
extender attached).

There's a nice accessory pouch that I can put batteries, cleaning supplies, memory
cards, etc. in. I've even been able to get my 580ex to fit.

When I'm ready, I just sling that thing on my back and I'm good to go. When its time
to shoot, I just unzip and pull out my rig.

You can attach a tripod, but I've never done it. I just carry that.

For any extra accessories, I just wear this outdoor shirt that has just as many
pockets as my vest (plus it doesn't scream expensive photography gear), and
put more stuff in there.

Here she is...
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/279322-REG/Lowepro_1986010_Lens_Trekker_600_AW.html

Doug

Mike Tracy
02-13-2008, 04:28 PM
I have really enjoyed and put through **** my Kinesis for the 500 f4. Would buy another in a heartbeat.

Larry Daniel
02-13-2008, 05:12 PM
The LowePro 600 is great for a backpack style bag. I also like the Tenba for big lens for a carry bag. And if you don't want to carry it just load it on a Beach Rolly. The big Tenba will hold a 400 with body attached and lens hoods extended. Pretty nice and not terribly expensive.

Jim Poor
02-13-2008, 05:26 PM
I like the concept of the Beach Rolly. Maybe I can get that 500 f2.8 after all :D

Alfred Forns
02-13-2008, 08:38 PM
I like the concept of the Beach Rolly. Maybe I can get that 500 f2.8 after all :D

..... if you get something like that I imagine a Hummer will be in order for your gear :D

Jim Poor
02-13-2008, 08:42 PM
I have an FJ Cruiser which sorta looks like a mini Hummer ;)

One can dream :D

Larry Daniel
02-13-2008, 10:27 PM
..... if you get something like that I imagine a Hummer will be in order for your gear :D

A Chrysler Pacifica will work, cept they are not going to make them much longer.
:)

Nonda Surratt
02-14-2008, 07:22 AM
OT, hey Jim we think our FJ is MUCH better looking than a Hummer:D I keep telling Don it would look rocking cool with a turret on the roof..he ain't buying that idea.

Nathan Lovas
02-15-2008, 10:01 PM
I love the Lowe Pro...I have used it for the past year and it works great...you can also attach lowe pro slip lock pouches to the side of it if for accessories...i keep my sb-800 and a teleconverter attached there...i do put a tripod on the side (with wimberley head) and it works fine, although I usually just carry it in my hand. I have ran into a few people who love and swear by Moose Petersons bag that you can find on his website...i have never used it, and it is more expensive than the lowe pro...all the best...nate