PDA

View Full Version : Theme:Fall colors

denise ippolito
10-29-2009, 09:16 AM
I added a left side to this image and cloned a photographer and a tree out of scene. I added the water on the left as well. I did a Topaz simplify to the image. Not sure if I went to crazy w/ the clone tool.:)

Ed Vatza
10-29-2009, 10:48 AM
Interesting, Denise. Since you fessed up about creating the left side, I can begin to see the repeated patterns resulting from the cloning. BUT had you not said anything, I don't think I would have noticed it. I guess it is because I tend to take in the entire scene and not focus on small elements of the image. Looking at the "big picture", I really like this image and you did a great job building up the left side. How long did that take?

And isn't Topaz Simplify fun?

denise ippolito
10-29-2009, 10:55 AM
Ed, I should have spent more time-but I wasn't sure about the comp. so I didn't put more than 15 minutes into the image start to finish. I do like the simplify and think it's alot of fun.I esp. like it's effect on leaves and trees. I do see some repeats and blurred areas that I can fix-but wasn't sure if the overall image was pleasing enough. Thankyou for your thoughts.

Mark Fuge
10-29-2009, 11:50 AM
Nice image and application Denise.

One thing that I notice is the openness of the left side that you extended and the tight right side of the image. I would have liked to see slightly more space along with the base of the right curved tree trunk on the right border. But ...

Your image ... your vision.

Christopher Miller
10-29-2009, 02:15 PM
Denise, I can see the repeats and blurry areas you're talking about, but the overall comp looks very nice. The stream leads your eye through the image perfectly, and like the colors.

Patti Edens
10-29-2009, 05:40 PM
I love the composition and am amazed that the left side was created. I can't tell. I do see a little blurriness, but I thought that was from the filter. The color of the water and the fall colors are beautiful.

Dave Phillips
10-29-2009, 06:22 PM
nice fall scene.....we don't really get the fall colors down here.
Might want to punch it up a bit and repeat the red/orange/yellow from the left
to the right side just a wee bit. I may have done too much?
Just only IMHO young lady

denise ippolito
10-29-2009, 06:30 PM
Dave, Looks great! I like the extra punch of color. I think I will redo this one. I should have added the left side before the filter-but I was just messing around. I wasn't sure about the comp. but I do like the slice off the bottom and the added color. :D
Thanks everyone for looking in and commenting. I appreciate it.

Paul Lagasi
10-29-2009, 06:41 PM
Denise ... like the scene in this one..Dave's repost gives the leaves life....definitely a keeper

Dan Brown
10-29-2009, 06:51 PM
A painting for sure Denise! Dave's repost does add but I also like the original, more muted version!

denise ippolito
10-29-2009, 08:25 PM
Paul and Dan, Thankyou both for your kind words.

Roman Kurywczak
10-30-2009, 04:18 PM
Woo hoo!....like the softness of the first.....but re-post rocks for the boldness!

denise ippolito
10-30-2009, 07:02 PM
Thanks Roman. I appreciate the feedback.