PDA

View Full Version : Aster Sandwich

Ed Vatza
10-29-2009, 06:36 AM
This isn't great art or anything but I finally got around to learning how to do digital sandwiching and multiple exposures thanks to Tony Sweet. Better late than never, I say. So I was doing a bit of practicing yesterday. The original image was shot at:

1/60 sec @ f/20; ISO 800; -1/3 EV; FEC -1

I then applied Gaussian Blur to a duplicate image and sandwiched them. I think it turned out OK. Your thoughts?

denise ippolito
10-29-2009, 07:05 AM
Ed, I like the effect. It's soft and it almost looks like a slight Orton effect or Topaz Simplify. I like the black BG and think this may work as a center crop.Thankyou for sharing your technique. Nice.

Ed Vatza
10-29-2009, 07:11 AM
Thanks, Denise. I agree about the center crop. If I was to do something with this image (like print it :)) I would do the center crop.

denise ippolito
10-29-2009, 07:29 AM
Ed, It really did come out nice.

Mark Fuge
10-29-2009, 11:55 AM
Nice image and application.

As the flower is "facing" right, I would add some background to the top to bring it more into the LLC of the frame. I don't think centering it would work with this unless you remove the stem and rotate the flower a little. JMVHO.

Your image ... your vision.

Christopher Miller
10-29-2009, 02:09 PM
Ed, This sounds like practically the same effect that I frequently use on my images. Love the soft feel!