PDA

View Full Version : Highveld Ruins (HDR) - #2

Morkel Erasmus
10-29-2009, 04:55 AM
Okay - this is another take on the farm I visited on Saturday. The first composition was posted earlier this week (http://www.birdphotographers.net/forums/showthread.php?t=48354).

Would love to have your thoughts on this one as well...

5 exposures blended in Photomatix with additional details punched back in CS 3 from the originals as needed.

Techs:
Canon 1000D with 18-55mm IS
f16 @ ISO-100
Tripod in strong wind...

Stu Bowie
10-29-2009, 11:49 AM
Hey mate, thought I would venture into this category and see whats going. I like the perspective, and good job on F/16 to show the full DOF. The HDR/saturated colours look great, and I wouldnt chage a thing. Great capture Mork.

Roman Kurywczak
10-29-2009, 11:56 AM
Hey Morkel,
I like this angle better that the first post.....as here the FG rocks play a strong role in leading you to the building. Unlike Stuart, I do have one main issue.....and that's the branch heading out of frame and the small squigly one going vert.....easy magic earases if so inclined.....a small minor tweak would be to the buildings and MG trees.....while I like dark images......maybe just a tad brighter to bring up some more details in the building (especially roof and walls) and balance it better overall....just be careful and don't touch the brightest parts of sky.
Nice use of the FG rocks to lead us through the image......the HDR work just needs a slight tweak for my tastes......but combined nicely.

Robert Amoruso
10-29-2009, 01:00 PM
I would say that Roman captured all the things I would have said. Agree that this image is a stronger composition from the previous. Brighten it up similar the the previous post and as Roman mentioned, leave the sky as is.

Lance Warley
10-29-2009, 03:10 PM
Let me join the choir - I like this much more than the first one. Much more dramatic. It makes a stronger statement, Morkel.

Nick Palmieri
10-29-2009, 03:10 PM
I like the composition of the second image but I like the tones of the first, it seems a tad lighter.

Dave Mills
10-29-2009, 03:22 PM
I agree with the previous comments. Nice HDR work with the comps foreground much stronger than the previous post. Also agree with Roman regarding the wood leaning up against the building on the right. Foregrond and the building could stand a bit of lightening...

Morkel Erasmus
10-29-2009, 03:30 PM
thanks so much for the constructive comments Dave, Roman, Robert, Lance, Nick & Stu...

I am quite surprised to find this reaction to this particular image as I personally like the other one more (maybe because the rain and storm is much more emphasised).

here is a repost where I removed the branches on the RHS, and also lightened the FG a tad as suggested...

Dennis "Curly" Buchner
10-29-2009, 09:16 PM
Looks Good

Roman Kurywczak
10-30-2009, 03:51 PM
Nice job with the re-post Morkel!