PDA

View Full Version : Vines Seeking the Sun - Multiple Exp Try

Patti Edens
10-29-2009, 04:03 AM
I followed the rules from a technical sense but I think maybe it needs some filter applied to soften the "bad cloning job" look. Or maybe I moved too much for each shot? Not sure.

5 Images withCanon 50D/17-85 lens, 1/100 sec, f5, ISO 250, 38mm.

On tripod with ball head so had to move the front leg of tripod inward to move upward through the trees.

denise ippolito
10-29-2009, 06:59 AM
Patti, I think "the bad cloning job" actually looks like fern leaves and the markings at the top are as they should be for this type image. Alfred Forns once told me it's all about the color for these blur type images and he is correct. I like the image very much and could suggest punching up the saturation or vibrancy and maybe even the contrast.

Patti Edens
10-29-2009, 01:10 PM
Patti, I think "the bad cloning job" actually looks like fern leaves and the markings at the top are as they should be for this type image. Alfred Forns once told me it's all about the color for these blur type images and he is correct. I like the image very much and could suggest punching up the saturation or vibrancy and maybe even the contrast.

Thanks Denise. I'll give that a try later tonight. I did change the blend mode to Hard Light which increased the contrast and I thought looked interesting, but I changed it back before saving.

Here's the edited one - I changed the blend mode of top two to hard light and I also tried increasing contrast, vibrance and saturation of merged file. The end result seemed the same by just changing the blend mode.

Michael Zajac
10-29-2009, 08:42 PM
Patti, I like the kicked up version. Nice light.

Harshad Barve
11-03-2009, 05:56 AM
repost definately looks better
TFS