PDA

View Full Version : Anna's kickin'

Kerry Perkins
10-29-2009, 12:38 AM
I don't have a proper setup for catching these little ones in flight, but they do hang out around the feeders defending "their" nectar supply. I often get a chance like this to capture one just chillin'...

Converted in LR2, then CS4 for sharpening & levels. Cloned out a branch and some leaves behind him.

50D, EF70-200mm f/2.8 @ 200mm = 320mm
Aperture priority, f/5.6@1/250, evaluative metering EC 0 ISO 400 WB 5100K
AI Servo autofocus using back button, HH, popup flash FEC -1 2/3

Thank you for your comments. :)

Forgot to add that I am very excited to be going to Bosque next week for a total of eight days. Spending five next week, then visiting family in Roswell, then back to the Bosque for three more days. :D:D:D

Buddy scherr
10-29-2009, 10:01 AM
I was checking out your other HB pics last night. Love them all!

Lance Peters
10-29-2009, 03:09 PM
Hi Kerry = I like the composition and the pose, dont think 5.6 was enough DOF here, the face/head area looks a little soft on my screen - some additional sharpening to the eye might help it appear sharper.
Exposure looks good.
Keep em coming :)

Harold Davis
10-29-2009, 03:27 PM
agree with lance, AGAIN! there also appears to be a little noise in the bg. i love the perch and pose. the bg is quite complimenary too. have fun in bosque!!

Gus Cobos
10-29-2009, 04:50 PM
Hey Kerry,
I like this little guy. Agree with the techs. and good advise given...the color rendition is good...looking forward to your next one...:cool:

denise ippolito
10-29-2009, 08:02 PM
Beautiful colors Kerry and a nice perch. I like the splash of leaves in the corner. A bit more sharpening as sugg. Have a great time in Bosque!!Wish I was going!!

Alfred Forns
10-29-2009, 08:25 PM
Have fun at Bosque Kerry !!! Love the place !!!

With a good bg might have tried stopping down more even at the expense of higher ISO, tough pose and dof needed ... but will never have enough !!!

Sure like that lens without a 2.0 stuck in front !!! Just an extra pass of usm !! I like it a lot !!

Jeff Cashdollar
10-29-2009, 09:56 PM
Nice looking hummer, love the composition/angle and perch. Head seems soft, detail seems to be on body maybe sharpening will cure. Anyway great image, have fun down there. Looking forward to seeing the pictures.

Kerry Perkins
10-29-2009, 10:59 PM
Thanks all, hoping to have some nice shots to share when I get back!