PDA

View Full Version : Walking on water

Alexander Koenders
10-28-2009, 04:56 PM
This herringull did his best to stay up on the water:)

Olympus E3, Zuiko Ed300 F2.8, 300mm focuslength, 1/1600sec, ISO400, 0 stop, verry claudy wheatter

Daniel Cadieux
10-28-2009, 07:37 PM
Great timing with the raised wings, but the whole bird is angled away. I would crop a good ways off the bottom as the reflection is not very strong. You say 0 stop - did you need to lighten the image in PS as I would imagine a scene like this would require plenty of positive EC?

Ed Cordes
10-28-2009, 08:14 PM
The bird does have good wing position. I like the high key effect and agree the position of the bird would be better if it were facing us a bit more.

Paul Randall
10-29-2009, 05:40 AM
I have no problem with the way the bird is facing and I love the lightness of this image.
If your original shot has the whole reflection in it I would recrop to include it otherwise crop in closer (half a reflection is always a bit of a downer).

Alexander Koenders
10-31-2009, 02:12 AM
Great timing with the raised wings, but the whole bird is angled away. I would crop a good ways off the bottom as the reflection is not very strong. You say 0 stop - did you need to lighten the image in PS as I would imagine a scene like this would require plenty of positive EC?

Oeps, it has to be +2 sorry