PDA

View Full Version : Red on red

Duane Noblick
10-27-2009, 07:27 PM
Male Northern Cardinal perched in a Burning Bush. Soon the leaves will overpower everything around it once it turns full color. oof branch removed over birds right shoulder.

http://www.pbase.com/duane_va/image/118776063/original.jpg

Caon 50D~500mm f/4L~AV Mode~f/7.1~ISO320~1/250~-2/3 ec~partial metering

Brian Barcelos
10-27-2009, 08:58 PM
Love the birds HA and the eye looks amazing. Personally I feel the BG competes too much with the bird and wished it were further back to be more out of focus. Other than that very nice.

Daniel Belasco
10-28-2009, 01:16 AM
Now this is beautiful!!!
The bright red left in the upper right is too dominate. Agree with Brian that the leaves would be nice more OOF. But I'd trim a little off the right to make your eye concentrate on the bird. I would be nice if the blue on the right was cloned out.
On whole the sharp red bird on the red bg is a beautiful image and UNIQUE!!
Congrats
TFS
dan

Marc Mol
10-28-2009, 01:46 AM
Nice and sharp Duane, with good perch & HA, shame the BG competes with the bird.

Morkel Erasmus
10-28-2009, 06:19 AM
lovely bird and colours - I quite like the complimentary BG colours and feel if you could selectively darken the BG and lose some bright spots it would pop a lot more...

Duane Noblick
10-29-2009, 07:10 PM
Thank you for your critique of the image. I agree about the bright spots need to be toned down or removed from the bg. As far as the bg colors competing with the bird....I've had mixed feedback about that. ;) My eyes don't wander around the image when I view it...I focus on the eye.