PDA

View Full Version : Another Childs Park

Nick Palmieri
10-27-2009, 03:11 PM
Taken at Childs Park the other day with a great group of photographers. 24-105 at 82mm, ISO 100, 13 second exposure, f/22 used Roman's Vari-ND filter. Love the effect on the water of this one. The sun was just starting to break through at this point.

Roman Kurywczak
10-28-2009, 09:04 AM
Hey Nick.
Love what the filter did to the water but even thoug h you placed the rock in a good position the uneven lighting of the brighter areas and its reflection is drawing the eye to much and lessening the impact of the water. Not always easy to find rocks to isolate and I feel if you had more of the fall colors and even light on the image.....the far shoreline would have had more interest. It is very difficult to get good results with mixed light......didn't say impossible (look at Jeffrey Sipress's Smokies post below)....but almost impossible in a forest. The tones are just too far off and the hot spots will always draw the eye......there are always exceptions....such as when you use the hot spot or brightest area as a focal point (sun rays come to mind)....but that is very rare and usually requires earlier light.

Dave Mills
10-28-2009, 09:25 AM
Hi Nick, I too like the water flow very much. Agree with Roman on the uneven lighting and the shoreline which is lacking in interest. A week before the shoreline probably would of had alot of color and created more interest.

denise ippolito
10-28-2009, 09:52 AM
Nick, The water flow does look nice and I can see why you were drawn to the image. I think with the right lighting this could be really special. I can see where the reflection has started.

Nick Palmieri
10-28-2009, 11:40 AM
Thanks guys, I agree and I did tone that rock down quite a bit. As you all tell me shoot in the right light! May try some creative things with one but wanted to get your opinions first.

Robert Amoruso
10-28-2009, 12:11 PM
Nick,

I would agree with the commentators above.