PDA

View Full Version : Adams Falls

Roman Kurywczak
10-27-2009, 03:02 PM
This falls is in Ricketts Glenn SP in PA first thing in the morning on an overcast day. The rocks here are quite slippery......had to be very careful trying to get the entire FG rock in frame.
Canon 1D Mark lll with the 17-40mm lens at 17mm for 30 sec. at f22 and ISO 100 all tripod mounted w/ Graf Studioball head....bubble level in hot shoe and Singh Ray Vari ND filter on to get the 30 sec. exposure. Cropped a bit off top to get rid of walkway railing. Jpeg saved at 64 quality.

denise ippolito
10-27-2009, 03:14 PM
Roman, I like the flow line and the way the water looks like silk. I am loving the bottom rock w/ all the water flowing off of it. Nicely done. That Singh Ray Vari ND filter is really the key to these type of shots. Thanks for sharing that.

Rich Ikerd
10-27-2009, 03:18 PM
Beautiful image Roman. Great s-curve through the image and perfect SS for the silkiness. Inclusion of the bottom rock really makes the image complete (glad you were careful!).

Roman Kurywczak
10-27-2009, 03:24 PM
Beautiful image Roman. Great s-curve through the image and perfect SS for the silkiness. Inclusion of the bottom rock really makes the image complete (glad you were careful!).
Had to be here Rich.....went down to pluck out a stray 2x6 piece.....yes 2x6.....what the???.....almost wiped out......getting closer may have included breaking the neck.....so even I had to be a little careful!.....better to live and photograph another day.

Nick Palmieri
10-27-2009, 04:24 PM
Forget the neck,you may have broken that vari-ND filter! Very nice I like the way you were able to maintain the colors. The composition is very nice.

Ed Vatza
10-27-2009, 04:25 PM
Roman,

Nice waterfall and excellent composition. Maybe it is just me (probably is) but the water at the top of the falls looks too plasticy for me. Make sense?

Dave Mills
10-27-2009, 09:58 PM
Roman, Nice, even lighting along with a pleasing water flow. I might want a bit more room on the left.

Dennis "Curly" Buchner
10-28-2009, 05:44 AM
Great comp, I agree with Ed the water looks a little funny in the top crevices. Like how the water flows though the image.

Morkel Erasmus
10-28-2009, 09:19 AM
very serene image Roman - the silky water, strong lines and rich colours all add up here. glad you came out alive :)

John Ippolito
10-28-2009, 11:22 AM
Very nice, Roman. I like the line of the watercourse in the image aand how the angular rock splits the flow.

Robert Amoruso
10-28-2009, 12:12 PM
Good composition with the water flow but as mentioned by two others, the water has a funny look to it.

Roman Kurywczak
10-28-2009, 12:47 PM
Hi All,
Thanks all....the upper portion is probably due to heavy water flow......will see if I can pull any more detail/depth out.