PDA

View Full Version : Palm Warbler

Josh O'Donnell
01-02-2008, 01:24 PM
My first post here on BPN, however I recognize many (if not most all) of the folks here from other forums. I have posted this image previously and received mixed reviews....

I created this image at Green Cay Wetlands... I was trying to get an image with a smooth background, however that's much easier said than done when these little warblers are bouncing around all over the place in the vegetation along the boardwalk.

The original .NEF has a somewhat lighter background that has some distracting bright spots. In PP I used an adjustment layer to darken the background, however now my concern is that there's too much flash on the bird? Thanks in advance for any suggestions...

http://www.joshodonnell.com/DSC18997.jpg

Nikon D50
300mm f4 AF-S + 1.7x TC
SB-800 for fill-flash
manual exposure, 1/320, f8, ISO 400, full frame

Axel Hildebrandt
01-02-2008, 01:50 PM
Welcome, Jersh. I like the pose, composition and eye contact. I would prefer a brighter BG and the image seems to be a bit oversharpened.

Judy Lynn Malloch
01-02-2008, 02:20 PM
Welcome Jersh to BPN.. Lovely pose and excellent lighting and detail but as Axel mentioned a little more light in the BG would IMO improve this image. Also If it were my image I would remove the little speck on it's beak.

Jody Melanson
01-02-2008, 06:48 PM
Welcome to BPN, Josh! I really like dark BG's so this works quite well for me. Maybe just a hair oversharpened?