PDA

View Full Version : Boundaries

Madhav Jois
10-27-2009, 11:27 AM
This is paddy field. Nothing much to add really :).
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2669/4050441698_6dc3ce54a2_o.jpg

I welcome all your suggestions. Thanks for looking.

-Madhav

Robert Amoruso
10-27-2009, 11:54 AM
Madha,

Please post the technical info (camera, lens, exposure, etc.).

I like how you composed this a lot. THe use of the diagonals provides a strong graphical element to the image as well as providing a leading line.

I have posted a new crop where I have the diagonals entering and exiting at the corners of the image. For me, this furthers strengthens a strong composition. I also reduced the saturation a bit.

Dave Mills
10-27-2009, 12:02 PM
Hi Madhav, I like your image which is different and has alot of interest. I also like Robert's crop which tightens the image. On Robert's repost it appears the colors are a bit warmer(at least on my monitor) which is also appealing. I also noticed a graduation of color from dark(the fuller field) to the lighter lower field which adds interest. Good eye!!

Madhav Jois
10-27-2009, 12:08 PM
Pardon my ignorance Sir, here goes the Exif details:
Sony Alpha 200, 18-70mm lens, f16, 1/40, ISO 400. I had to push the ISO because I did not carry my tripod and feared camera shake :(
The repost is a huge improvement. Thank you very much.

Fabs Forns
10-27-2009, 12:39 PM
I love your composition. I don like the lines exiting out of the corners, it is a no-no in art because it emphasizes the rectangular shape of the frame.

Robert Amoruso
10-27-2009, 02:29 PM
I love your composition. I don like the lines exiting out of the corners, it is a no-no in art because it emphasizes the rectangular shape of the frame.

I would generally agree with this statement. I straight diagonal for lower left to upper right divides the image and enforces the rectangular look. I think with this particular image, the corner placement can work and I find the patterns created by the rows graphically stronger by going to the corners.

Again, this is open to differing interpretations Madhav.

Roman Kurywczak
10-27-2009, 02:41 PM
Hi Madhav,
Very good eye to see this composition. I am OK with lines out of the corner and feel the crop stregthens it for other reason as well....compositionally I like the way the crop balances the colors and tones as well as making the UR and LR more balanced. In the OP.....I would fix the small break in the central line (if you are OK with such things).....so either choice of crop....works nicely and is a nice option to have. Very well seen and composed.

Dennis "Curly" Buchner
10-28-2009, 05:48 AM
very well done Madhav, very interesting image

Morkel Erasmus
10-29-2009, 03:39 PM
this is very well spotted. the lines and colours are fabulous - and Robert hit it on the head with the lines entering and exiting at the corners...

Kari Post
11-01-2009, 11:53 AM
I love all of the lines throughout the photo and the simple color palette. Well seen and photographed.