View Full Version : Child's State Park

denise ippolito
10-27-2009, 08:07 AM
Canon 5D
24-105mm
ISO 100
4.0 SEC. AT F/18
POLARIZER,TRIPOD

I went to Child's State Park w/ Roman K. Ben Venezio and Nick Palmieri. We had a fun day. Roman helped me with some waterfall images and gave me some good advice. I tried to figure this one out by myself, I figured Roman would let me know what I did wrong. I took a bit off the top and removed a photographer from the back of the scene. I added some saturation and adjusted the curves. Sharpened

Ed Vatza
10-27-2009, 08:48 AM
Looks great to me Denise. I really love the flow from UL to LR. Beautiful image.

Dennis "Curly" Buchner
10-27-2009, 10:14 AM
Nice shot Denise, like the flow going though the image. For my taste the left side top highlights are too bright. Good work and hope you had fun with the madman

Judy Lynn Malloch
10-27-2009, 11:06 AM
Very lovely Denise. Love the composition and how the eye is drawn from the upper portion of the image right down to the lower right hand corner. Great shutter speed and wonderful depth of field. Stunning image !!!

Robert Amoruso
10-27-2009, 11:47 AM
Your leading lines work well here Denise as mentioned.

I find the foliage areas of the image a bit bright for me (personal taste involved here) and suggest a correction as follows.

In the channels pallet, hold down the CTRL key and click on the RGB pallet to make a selection of highlights.
Using a curves adjustment, this will create a grayscape mask. Do not introduce a curve here, just click OK.
Change the blending mode to Multiply and reduce 35% (that's what I liked).
Hue/Saturation and reduce saturation some as the multiply made it a bit too saturated.

Let me know how you like. I did not bother with a repost as the change is subtle and you see it when toggling on and off in PS. But I did download the image and do the above.

Dave Mills
10-27-2009, 12:17 PM
Denise, You handled the composition very well with a foreground and good leading lines. The water flow is also well handled with a silkiness and yet there is some detail. I would like to see a bit more color(or sat) and a shade darker as Robert suggested.

Fabs Forns
10-27-2009, 12:44 PM
I lke the flow and compostion. Agree on darkening the left side, it would look more natural.

denise ippolito
10-27-2009, 12:58 PM
Thankyou all for your comments. Here is my repost. Hope it's better.
Robert, Thankyou for the workflow. I appreciate it.

Robert Amoruso
10-27-2009, 01:10 PM
Looks good Denise - more natural looking now.

denise ippolito
10-27-2009, 01:34 PM
I agree Robert, Thankyou for your help.

Roman Kurywczak
10-27-2009, 02:23 PM
Oh man.....I missed the fun! Nice job on the repost Denise.....evened it out nicely. I'm not thrilled with the diagonal branch in the URC....since the guy went.....may want to eliminate that too (I included entire tree in my comp). Nice use of the flow to lead us through the image and very nice job placing the rock well in the frame. Don't be so hard on yourself.....the corrections were minor and this was composed very nicely!

denise ippolito
10-27-2009, 02:29 PM
Roman, I wanted to evict the tree but thought I'd wait to see how it went over. Can't wait to see your comp. so I get get some ideas of what to do next time. Thanks again for your help.

Nick Palmieri
10-27-2009, 03:00 PM
Hey Denise, very nice composition. I really like the flow. I removed the tree in my similar image. I actually really like the fence, I think it adds a very nice touch.