PDA

View Full Version : Toronto In Morning Light

CliveTonge
10-24-2009, 11:37 AM
Hello,
Taken from Humber Bay Park East with a Nikon D200 and 70 to 300 VR, at 210mm, F8, 1/50s, no EV, auto white balance, with a tripod.
PP: Set black point; Straighten; Brighten; Contrast; resize for BPN.
Clive

Dave Mills
10-24-2009, 11:51 AM
Hi Clive, You captured a beautiful time of day with magic lighting. The sky is beautiful and nicely layered. The water is also interesting due to the banding of colored reflection. I might take out that very small line on the right above the white building.

Dennis "Curly" Buchner
10-24-2009, 01:38 PM
Hi Clive, I used to go to Toronto a lot getting worms on Lakeshore Ave. Peter and Dave covered the two little things I see. Nice Capture

CliveTonge
10-25-2009, 08:37 AM
Thank you Peter, Dave and Dennis "Curly"
I swear I thought I had the tower straight. I completely missed the edge of the building on the right. Unfortunately this was taken before I found out just how much detail RAW has available, so it was a jpg. It is the full frame though so there is still lots to work with.
I hope to be getting CS4 setup soon, so that I will have the shadows and Highlights tool. I have recently upgraded my computer and only have NX2 available. So I dropped a colour control point on the sky and increased the brightness, Saturation, contrast and Blue, Then duplicated it to cover the whole sky. I did forget to sharpen the image so I have done that too. Finally I cropped out the building on the right.
Dennis I should introduce you to my Brother and Brother-In-Law they are avid Walleye fishermen. Coincidentaly they both live within a mile of the Lakeshore.

Jackie Schuknecht
10-25-2009, 08:48 AM
Beautiful sky Clive, like the extra sharpening. Other points have been mentioned. Nice view of the sky line and I like more water at the bottom.

Morkel Erasmus
10-25-2009, 04:06 PM
lovely scene of a very distinguishable skyline - your second post works best for me...like that there's still some water up front.

Roman Kurywczak
10-25-2009, 06:15 PM
Hey Clive,
Many good points provided above and your re-post looks best.....although I may sharpen it a bit more.....I don't think it is from f8.....and since the lens was VR and on a tripod....not usre you can find the focal point on a jpeg.......so just run another round of USM. Just keep these thoughts in mind while in the field....you don't mention an ISO.....so you may have been able to sacrifice a bit for more SS. Very nice colors and well composed after the tweaks.....just try a few of the PP'ing tweaks to bring this to its full potential.

CliveTonge
10-25-2009, 10:11 PM
Thank you Jackie, Morkel and Roman,
Oops the ISO was 100. so there was some room to play.
I will try to add a bit more sharpening to finish it.
Thanks,
Clive

Juan Carlos Vindas
11-01-2009, 04:53 PM
Some day I have to go there! I prefer the repost with ''less'' ocean.