PDA

View Full Version : Yet Another Snowy Egret

WIlliam Maroldo
10-26-2009, 11:45 PM
SonyA700~Sony70-400G@400mm~ISO400~F10~1/1250 sec~manual exposure~10-18-2009~Brays Bayou, Houston, Texas~CS4/Topaz Adjust3/Topaz Clean2
Believe it or not I do take pictures of other types of birds. Working on a technique and Snowys are perfect models. In order to avoid any background blur that causes problems with the technique I've been playing around with, I used F10, trying to keep the whole scene in focus.
comments and critique welcomed. regards~Bill

Indranil Sircar
10-27-2009, 01:32 AM
Hi Bill, I really like your series on the snowy this one included. The topaz effect is excellent. I like the pose of the bird and the entire image being in focus. I can only suggest darkening the background a bit giving the snowy more focus and removing couple of twigs pointing outward from the head.

denise ippolito
10-27-2009, 07:01 AM
Bill, I too like your Snowy series. I think the BG is a bit distracting and the lighting could be toned down on it. I like the pose and the Topaz effect seems just right. There looks like a spot on the bird's left wing. I like the water reflected in the bird's body and wings.

Fabs Forns
10-27-2009, 01:13 PM
I love the pose and treatment, except for the reflection, it look too busy for me and it takes away from the main subject. Matter of taste, though.

WIlliam Maroldo
10-28-2009, 05:42 PM
Thanks for the comments. Fabs, I don't think it is necessarily a matter of taste. Often too complex "and busy" elements in an image(usually a background) do detract from a main subject, and it may very well be the case here. regards~Bill