PDA

View Full Version : Moonscape

Gavin Spooner
10-26-2009, 09:09 PM
Went to a new Eagle nest on Sunday. No Eagle action but a nice moon made up for it!!

http://lh3.ggpht.com/_j_UKapWIQ2w/SuUugz1KWTI/AAAAAAAAFsg/TCauhm673Qw/s800/DSC_2590.jpg

details:

D2x
400mm f2.8
1.4x and 2x tc stacked
HSC crop mode
1/125s f9 iso 400
gitzo tripod and wimberley head
processed in NC 4.4
full frame

Dave Mills
10-26-2009, 10:06 PM
Hi Gavin, Beautiful light and wonderful detail. You could crop a bit off the left and still have an offset presentation. It would be appreciated that you supply the techs with your images so we can see how the image was created. Nice, crisp image!

Gavin Spooner
10-26-2009, 10:32 PM
Hi Gavin, Beautiful light and wonderful detail. You could crop a bit off the left and still have an offset presentation. It would be appreciated that you supply the techs with your images so we can see how the image was created. Nice, crisp image!

Dave: I don't know why I didn't post the details, I always do in the Avian forum. I was thinking of crop suggestions and like that one.

I'll post shot details in the image post.

cheers
Gavin

Robert Amoruso
10-27-2009, 06:20 AM
Gavin,

I agree with Dave that a crop from the left would be a good idea. I suggest a central placement as my personal preference.

Roman Kurywczak
10-27-2009, 08:09 AM
Hi Gavin,
Agree with the crop and also agree with Robert that the way to go may be with the central placement....since it is a 1/2 moon.....may balance it out nicely with the slight left crop. Very nice details and sharp.