PDA

View Full Version : screech owl

Jamie Strickland
10-26-2009, 08:04 PM
another one from a photo workshop yesterday, cute little bird

yes I clipped the bottom of his tail :( unfortunately this one probably had the best pose and my PS skills wont let me add some canvas to the bottom

shot with 7D + 500L, ISO 200, F5.6 1/320

John Chardine
10-26-2009, 08:53 PM
Super capture of the pose Jamie! The BG is very nice and complements the bird well. Love the eyes! There seems to be a slight magenta cast on the bird on my monitor. This is easily removed. If you felt inclined you could add the tail tip too.

Juan Carlos Vindas
10-26-2009, 09:46 PM
Lovely little owl and killer BG. I agree with your self critique about you clipping the tail.

Harshad Barve
10-26-2009, 10:33 PM
what a cute owl , lovely BG , agreed with you on tail
There is a definate magenta cast
TFS

arash_hazeghi
10-27-2009, 05:32 AM
Great shot Jamie, love the BG and feathers, perch is not bad and goes with the bird. I also see a clear magenta cast on the bird (easy to correct). I would totally add the missing part of the tail and add canvas on the bottom. Well done.

David Fletcher
10-27-2009, 07:28 AM
Good suggestions made to enhance this further Jamie. Nice shot and worth the TLC.

Kiran Poonacha
10-27-2009, 07:57 AM
Killer one this, ya sad the tail is cropped, but loved the light feel and details here... did you use a call to get it close.

Jamie Strickland
10-27-2009, 08:13 AM
sorry forgot to mention this is a captured bird !! I mentioned it in my other owl post but forgot here

something seems to be up with LR and the 7D as far as the WB, if I use DPP and change the WB inside of it and the magenta cast is not there. I had my 7D set with AWB, the picture style was set to standard, this combination does not seem to work well with LR, actually it does not seem to work right inside of DPP either. I just upgraded the firmware to 1.09 just before those pictures so I am not sure if 1.07 had the same problem or not... or maybe I am smoking something :)

for the other picture I had set the WB to as shot in LR, on this one I set it to auto, no matter what I change it to the colors dont seem to be spot on. If I use DPP and change the picture style (I forget which one it was now) it seems to correct the issue

is anyone else having problems like this? I have never had this problem with any of my other cameras before, I am guessing that LR 2.6 will fix it (beta 3 has the same issue) I think the problem is the only camera profile in LR right now is Beta !!

I will try my hand at PS to see if I can add more tot he bottom + the tail... scary :)