PDA

View Full Version : Red-capped Plover

Gerard Satherley
10-26-2009, 06:38 PM
Taken earlier this year at a local beach. I find this species normally difficult to approach, however in this instance the bird was curious.

Nikon D300, Nikkor 500mm VR, f6.7, 1/640, ISO 400.

Phil Ertel
10-26-2009, 07:02 PM
Hi Gerard, I like this very much. The exposure and sharpness look good to me. I also like the composition. The lovely smooth background shows off the bird nicely. The pose of the bird is very pleasing. I especially like the raise foot with the water drop is very nice. If I were to suggest anything it would be to I crop a little off the bottom as the out of focus foreground doesn't add much to the picture in my opinion (emphasis on little). Thanks for sharing.

Daniel Cadieux
10-26-2009, 07:27 PM
I agree with Phil's idea of cropping some at bottom. I would eliminate most, if not all, of that OOF white band at bottom. The legs reflections just end abrubtly there anyhow. Cute little fellow, and the raised foot and accompanying water droplet are a nice bonus.

Ilija Dukovski
10-26-2009, 07:31 PM
That's a beauty, the raised foot and water drop, great water BG with interesting fine texture.
In addition to comments below I'd add just a bit of more HA would make it stronger.
Excellent capture in any case.

Mike Milicia
10-26-2009, 07:37 PM
Wonderful capture of a very cool species that I have never seen before!
Great low angle, bg, and raised foot. Techs look right on and the water drop is a very nice touch.
Very nicely done!

Might wish for a tiny bit more of a head turn.

Jim Fenton
10-26-2009, 08:04 PM
What a beauty of a little shorebird:)

Everything looks great...exposure, sharpness, colors.....

I will agree with the others that cropping a bit from the bottom might benefit.

Harshad Barve
10-26-2009, 10:26 PM
beautiful image with nice sharpness, expo , and raised feet
TFS

arash_hazeghi
10-27-2009, 03:49 AM
Cute little bird, everything seems to be good here. might need a slight ccw rotation(?)

TFS

Axel Hildebrandt
10-27-2009, 09:34 AM
Beautiful bird, good angle, eye contact and exposure control. I also like the walking pose and droplet. The surrounding colors make it even stronger, the crop works for me as presented.

Simon Bennett
10-27-2009, 01:55 PM
Lovely imgae - I like the striding pose and water dropltes, good job with exposure.

Danny Laredo
10-28-2009, 05:50 AM
Gerard, this is really cool and elegent. Lovely low angle and pose you captured here.