PDA

View Full Version : Rework

Bill McCrystyn
02-13-2008, 11:32 AM
Fabs showed me how to correct my 1 full stop over exposure and then how to add a cold winter day to the scene, attachment below. Reworked from the original.

Bill McCrystyn
02-13-2008, 11:34 AM
WIinter Wonderland a la Fabs.

Fabs Forns
02-13-2008, 12:40 PM
Proud of you, Bill.

Robert Amoruso
02-13-2008, 01:35 PM
Nice looking repost. I like the snow.

Bill McCrystyn
02-13-2008, 01:57 PM
Thanks Robert. Learning to work the blizzard action was cool. I have never "added" an element outside the original before. I think it turned out well. Makes me cold just looking at it.

Nonda Surratt
02-13-2008, 08:57 PM
Snow is good:D Like it!

Bill McCrystyn
02-13-2008, 11:02 PM
Alfred suggested a tighter crop with less BG interferance which has its merits as it changes the perpective of the image to focus even more on the primary subject thereby changing the overall feel of the image. Reworked below from the original and then as the snow version changing the dimension once again.

Bill McCrystyn
02-13-2008, 11:09 PM
The snow is still effective with this cropped version. A more stark or harsh condition is conveyed.

Alfred Forns
02-14-2008, 07:44 AM
Home run !!!! With bases loaded at the bottom on the ninth down by three two outs !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love it Bill !!!! About the only change to do and it would be worth it is working on the flower Try cloning a little texture/color on the hot part !!!!! ...... will deserve the same comment just would be extra innings :cool:

Bill McCrystyn
02-14-2008, 10:00 AM
Hmmm, texture, color, texture, color - I'll try to find that and fiqure it out. I used Filter/Median/skew radius on a quick select isolation to diffuse the background. That way I cleaned up noise in the process. You must be a Red Sox fan. Thanks for the encouragement Alfred. I think we should have "Out of the Box" Team T-shirts or hats opposed to the "other" team. :)

PS it is interesting to note the differant size in pixels these are - one to the other.