PDA

View Full Version : Theme: Leaves of Fall

Christopher Miller
10-25-2009, 07:30 PM
This is the same photo that I just posted in the macro forum with a few changes, of course :). I did a selective desaturation, added a sepia tone, applied a touch of the palette knife and dry brush filters, applied a blur overlay, and darkened the edges a bit. Any C&C are welcome!

Patti Edens
10-25-2009, 07:49 PM
Cool shot Christopher! I had to go check out your post in the macro forum. I like them both, but I really like the selective desaturation technique you used here. It really accentuates the feeling of fall. And I was wondering if the maple leaves were "throw down". Now I know. :)

denise ippolito
10-25-2009, 08:03 PM
Christopher, I like the composition but may take a slice off the top if it were mine. I really like your blur overlay and think it has a soft glow very similar to a light orton effect which I like. I think you could get a wide variety of looks just by messing w/ the contrast or dodge and burn tools. Anyway-Very nicely done.

Harshad Barve
10-25-2009, 11:47 PM
one fabulous shot , lovely placement of leafs here
TFS

Mark Fuge
10-26-2009, 01:24 PM
Nice image and effect. Like the placement of the colored leaves in the LR area.

Hazel Grant
10-26-2009, 07:26 PM
Like the idea. nice contrast. May I ask, though, what procedure you used for the selective desat? Photoshop?
Did you use the magnetic lasso to select the colored leaves? If so, you did a magnificent job. That's hard for me to get a clear line with. If another way, let me know. Thanks. And, congrats on this one.

Christopher Miller
10-26-2009, 07:52 PM
Hazel, I selected the leaves in photoshop using quick masking. I find it's much quicker than the magnetic lasso tool and you can be more accurate. I then used channel mixer to desaturate the BG and a gradient map to add the sepia tone.

Thanks for the comments, everyone. Much appreciated!