PDA

View Full Version : I need your help

Rod Wiley
02-13-2008, 11:07 AM
I need your help. I've ordered 10,000 ft of material for the Drypods. I want to customize each unit to fit the tripods as well as possible. What I'd like you to do is measure your tripod foot diameter and the tripod shaft diameter. I'm building a data base so I will also need your tripod model number as well. Please spread this around the forums, this data base will be very useful in filling orders the Drypods. Thanks so Much

www.rjwileyphoto.com (http://www.rjwileyphoto.com)

Jim Poor
02-13-2008, 01:50 PM
Do you need the diameter for the top leg sections as well?

Rod Wiley
02-13-2008, 02:21 PM
Not right now, but thanks

Arthur Morris
02-16-2008, 03:27 PM
Rod, I will have Jim measure the three tripods that we carry on Sunday. How do we measure accurately without calipers???

later and love, artie

Jim Poor
02-16-2008, 03:37 PM
I plan on picking up a set of cheap calipers this weekend for my tripods.

How do you want non-round legs measured?

Rod Wiley
02-16-2008, 09:31 PM
Don't go to all that trouble, just hold a tape up against the tripod foot and sight down. We're only trying to get a handle on just how big the tripods are so that we can make a one size fits all Drypod assembly. Also please measure the length of the lower leg ( the smallest one )from the bottom of the tripod with the leg fully extended to just past the first leg lock, that would be the foot all the way up and including the leg lock, its probably around 25" or so. Thanks Rod

Terry Eddington
02-16-2008, 09:49 PM
Did I miss something? What is a "DryPod"?

Rod Wiley
02-16-2008, 10:16 PM
Terry its a product that allows you to get into salt water without damaging your tripod, and eliminate clean up. I'm fine tuning the final stage of production and trying to make a one size fits all product and once we get the average size of the tripod foot and length of the lower section on tipod leg including the leg lock we'll be ready to go. The patent is still pending so I'm only taking about it on this site. Thanks Rod

Alfred Forns
02-16-2008, 10:41 PM
Rod I have the ones Artie Carries so if JIm is sending in not much use in sending mine Did see a couple of different brands today Will ask them to measure and send to you !!! Can't wait !!!

Chris Ober
02-17-2008, 02:08 PM
Have you tried getting the information from the manufacturers? It might be more productive than waiting and relying on people to provide the info you need.

Rod Wiley
02-17-2008, 06:47 PM
Chris do you have a link, all I can find is the weight and height of the tipodods, so far the widest rubber foot is 1 1/2"

Chris Ober
02-17-2008, 09:05 PM
No, I don't have a link. Contacting them directly would probably be best.