PDA

View Full Version : Promess

Mirenchu Fernandez
10-24-2009, 09:04 PM
Thanks in advance for your comments.
Nikon D90; Aperture Priority; f/20.00; 60mm; ISO 160; Exposure Bias -2 EV; no flash, natural light; CS4.
Once I opened the image in CS4, I made a copy of the background to work on it; I increased the canvas; clone the stem; applied some sharpening; add and adjustment “curves” layer; I took the right hand side point of the curves square and bring it down until almost everything was black; with a soft brush in black working on the mask, I “placed” the light; made a path to place my signature and that was all… I will appreciate your suggestions!

Jeff Cashdollar
10-24-2009, 09:11 PM
OK - you are getting good at this, you attended a workshop with Fabs & Al correct? Anyway, the post work is creating visual impact and that is the name of the game. The black BG and placement of the flower draws the eye perfectly. Composition and light are spot on, you have taken a still object and given it life - congrads.

James Shadle
10-24-2009, 09:20 PM
Mirenchu,
Beautiful subject!
I really like the way you used light, color, curved line and background to introduce a feeling of elegance.

The image IMO is cropped a little too tight, giving it a slightly cramped feeling. Loosening up the composition would make it that much stronger.

Mirenchu Fernandez
10-24-2009, 09:32 PM
Thank you for your comments! I increased the canvas and yes, it looks much better. Thank you again!

Gus Cobos
10-24-2009, 09:38 PM
The repost is over the top Lady Mirenchu, I like the added breathing space for your beautiful lady. The color rendition is very good and I like the soft pastel look...good show...:cool:

Jeff Cashdollar
10-24-2009, 09:41 PM
Like them both, but repost is better IMO - well done.

Lance Peters
10-24-2009, 10:03 PM
Repost rocks - the added room gives it a much better feel.
Nice work - Big congrats :)

Thanaboon Jearkjirm
10-25-2009, 07:11 AM
Really nice, I like the black background and the composition of the flower, the curve down head fits the frame nicely for me. I also like your repost better. At first glance I thought your signature was a hair on the stem.

Alfred Forns
10-25-2009, 06:55 PM
Re post looks excellent, great suggestion. Love what your doing with these images and feel is over the top !!! Should print a portfolio !!!! Proud of you !!!