PDA

View Full Version : The other side of KSC - MINWR

Mark Fuge
10-24-2009, 04:13 PM
When Kennedy Space Center was originally developed, they needed a safe zone to protect the public, in case of a misfire. NASA bought up the area around KSC and created Merritt Island National Wildlife Refuge and Merritt Island National Seashore. The development has produced one of the finest wildlife refuges anywhere, within the area needed by NASA.

The attached is one of the resident eagles within KSC gates, who enjoys the view of every launch from his lanai to the right! ;) It has proved to be a very cooperative araingement for both NASA and wildlife of the area.

The image was taken with a Canon 5D and 35-135mm lens at 135mm. Not my normal lens, but lighter than the beasts! A good day lens for tours and family outtings.

Enjoy!

Alfred Forns
10-24-2009, 05:25 PM
Mark they might be concern if you walk around there with a 600 !!!! :)

Gus Cobos
10-24-2009, 08:01 PM
Nice Mark, I like it, this is one lucky bird, with front row seats for the show...:eek::D:cool:

Harshad Barve
10-24-2009, 08:15 PM
I am jealous , they can see every show , from first row and that too without ticket :D:D
TFS

Mark Fuge
10-25-2009, 11:21 AM
Thanks for viewing and comments. appreciate it.

Yes, it is a great view for them, if they can stand the sound and the earth moving below them, at lift off! :eek: ;)