PDA

View Full Version : Misty sunrise at Petrie Islands.

Daniel Cadieux
10-24-2009, 11:18 AM
From two weekends ago. I love this time of the year when the air temperature is quite crisp compared to the water temperature. On this particular morning the temp had dipped just below freezing - can you say car window scraping time!! I also have a version with about half of the bottom water cropped out, but I like the darker water in LLC in this version.

It always amazes me when I witness/photograph such early morning scenes that I am all alone, with other photogs often only showing up well aver an hour after the show has ended:)

Canon 40D + 100-400L @180mm, aperture priority, evaluative metering, 1/400s., f/13, ISO 400, +0.7 EC, handheld, full frame lenght-wise.

http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w98/dancad/tn_Petriemorningmist_9561-01.jpg

Dave Mills
10-24-2009, 11:47 AM
Hi Daniel, Yes, this time of year you get alot of mist off the water due to the temp variations. Your comp is nicely broken down into thirds with wonderful lighting. Good placement of the tree clump with the mist enhancing the image beautifully. Well done!!

Dave Blinder
10-24-2009, 06:38 PM
Great job capturing the fog Daniel. I like the foreground, helps define the scene for me.

I've been using my 100-400 for landscapes too!

Roman Kurywczak
10-25-2009, 06:08 PM
Hey Daniel,
Nice job placing the ttrees in the ROT position and the mood is excellent.....getting up early almost always pays off and you were rewarded with a lovely foggy scene. A bit more of a pano......with some off the bottom.....maybe (as I am truly fond of true panos)....but I find this very well composed and effective!