PDA

View Full Version : Dahlia Macro

Anita Bower
10-24-2009, 06:38 AM
I've been busy lately and haven't posted. It is good to be back.:)

Nikon D300, Sigma 105mm macro, 13 sec., F51 (effective), ISO 100, indoors, natural light, pattern metering, manual focus, manual exposure, wb?, tripod. RAW conversion Elements 7, PP PS7 and Topaz Detail.

Julie Kenward
10-24-2009, 07:47 AM
Another stunning image, Anita! I don't know what I like the more - the color palette or the subject matter. You've got a great diagonal comp going and cropped at just the right places. (Possibly could use a sliver more on the left side so that bottom curl in the LLC doesn't get stuck behind a mat board.) Other than that - wow. Lovely explosion of colors and forms. I like the Topaz detail as well - it makes this look very surreal and still totally natural at the same time.

Anita Bower
10-24-2009, 08:40 AM
Another stunning image, Anita! I don't know what I like the more - the color palette or the subject matter. You've got a great diagonal comp going and cropped at just the right places. (Possibly could use a sliver more on the left side so that bottom curl in the LLC doesn't get stuck behind a mat board.) Other than that - wow. Lovely explosion of colors and forms. I like the Topaz detail as well - it makes this look very surreal and still totally natural at the same time.

Thanks, Jules.:D I agree that it needs a bit more room on left, and maybe even bottom.

denise ippolito
10-24-2009, 09:27 AM
Anita, Really beautiful colors and comp. I do agree w/ more room on the left and bottom. I like the curves of the flower and the sharpness.

Desmond Chan
10-26-2009, 09:29 PM
Beautiful image !

Sorry, I don't know how to explain why I find it beautiful :o Perhaps because it doesn't look like a photograph ? :D:D

Anita Bower
10-27-2009, 06:15 AM
Thank you, friends, for your comments. :-)

Ed Vatza
10-28-2009, 09:21 AM
I already commented on your blog and I haven't changed my opinion. What did I say there? :D

Beautiful!

Anita Bower
10-28-2009, 10:21 AM
I already commented on your blog and I haven't changed my opinion. What did I say there? :D

Beautiful!

Thanks, Ed!:)