PDA

View Full Version : Muddy Waters

Tony Kirkby
02-13-2008, 08:57 AM
Two female Forest Red-tailed Black Cockatoos Calyptorhynchus banksii naso drinking from muddy pool.
Perth Western Australia

Comments welcome

Grady Weed
02-13-2008, 09:07 AM
My wife said these were interestingly ugly. I said they were very different. i think you did well getting these both in the frame. Eyes look sharp to me, but I am blind. LOL. Seriously I like it, if only because it is diferent. thanks for sharing this one.

Tony Kirkby
02-13-2008, 09:21 AM
Slow, cumbersome and ungainly (on the ground) but never ever ugly <smile>

Jim Poor
02-13-2008, 10:58 AM
What are your tech details on this image?

I'm having a hard time judging how sharp this one is on the small screen, but I'll check it out on the big one once I'm confident the power won't go on me again for the third time today.

I wish the bird on the right were facing into the frame instead of out of it.

Axel Hildebrandt
02-13-2008, 11:29 AM
I like the action captured, the angle and it is great to have both in the frame and reasonably sharp. I don't think they are ugly at all, quite to the contrary. Could you post some techs? It would have been great to see the eye of the bird on the left a bit better.

Tony Kirkby
02-13-2008, 05:08 PM
For some reason the tech details weren't available with the jpeg. Went back to the RAW file and they are.
Nikon D200
Nikon 600mm
f 5.1/80 sec
ISO 200

Many thanks for the comments

Jim Poor
02-13-2008, 05:23 PM
Save for web strips the Exif data out unless you tell it to leave it in. Even then, it is not readable to many programs. Save As, retains the Exif, but may or may not work as well quality wise.