lens 17-40mm
0.6 sec@f/11
tripod
iso 50
AV
manual focus

Fabs Forns
10-23-2009, 11:08 PM
This may be my favorite of yours, absolutely love those falls, where are they located, I have to go!!!!
I find a contradiction between the warmth of the lower two thirds and the gray very cool in temperature clouds.
Did you process this as an HDR?

Dennis "Curly" Buchner
10-24-2009, 04:07 AM
Thanks Fab, These falls are located in Upper Michigan in the northwest corner west of Ontonagon. The state park is called Porcupine Mountains and has 60 waterfalls and is Michigan's largest area of undeveloped wilderness. It is 92 square miles big, with virgin forest, scenic waterfalls, rugged Lake Superior shore line, remote rustic cabins, 87 miles of hiking trails, and virtually no roads. Also during peak color Lake of the Clouds it is one of the most photographed place's in the mid west.

This image was a single image with a little work in photoshop. I warmed the foreground and cooled the background. You get very dramatic clouds this time of year off of Lake Superior from Canada.

Roman Kurywczak
10-24-2009, 08:21 AM
Hey Curly,
Very nice angle...maybe a hair more in front/right....to get more of the main flow-out.....but still not a deal breaker as this makes a very strong diagonal comp. Great choice of SS and I like the contrast of tones here. I even like the rust colored water as it gets that color during the fall. Very nicely done!

Dave Mills
10-24-2009, 11:39 AM
Hi Dennis, Very nice image. It does look like an HDR but I like strong basic comp and detailed water flow. Everything works for me and yes, I would like to see a bit more in the front but otherwise very well handled!

Morkel Erasmus
10-25-2009, 09:25 AM
I just love the perspective, processing and colours here, Curly...wow...

Fabs Forns
10-25-2009, 08:18 PM
Thanks for the info, Curly, I'll keep notes, it sounds like a wonderful place!