PDA

View Full Version : Theme: My Little Mantis Friend

Christopher Miller
10-23-2009, 07:37 PM
This is another image of the friendly praying mantis that recently won IOTW. :) The BG in this photo stank, but I liked the pose so I took into OOTB. I first blurred and evened out the BG. Then I applied the dry brush filter and a find edges overlay. Any C&C are welcome!

Kerry Perkins
10-23-2009, 07:41 PM
Hi Christopher. I love the little guy and I saw him in your winning post as well. Love the pose and all the green. Great head angle and eye contact! :) Good use of the filters and a really fun image.

BTW, I had a mantis pic all ready to post before I saw yours but was humbled by how good yours is! :D

denise ippolito
10-23-2009, 07:43 PM
Christopher, Congratulations on the IOTW! You've really done well w/ the IOTW wins!! This is a nice applied effect and the green on green appeals to me. Nice composition and the mantis' pose is great!

Ákos Lumnitzer
10-23-2009, 08:36 PM
HEy dude,
I have no idea what the theme is (suppose should get off my butt and look) :D but this rocks. Lovely painted feel. Acrylic to be more precise. :)

Harshad Barve
10-23-2009, 09:58 PM
amazing feel of painting here
TFS

Fabs Forns
10-23-2009, 10:58 PM
The clever use of filters really brings a great three dimensional feel to this image. Well done, Christopher.

Julie Kenward
10-24-2009, 06:39 PM
Fantastic treatments here, Christopher. You're going to make me go back and dig out my mantis images and try this! Lovely and so well done!

Christopher Miller
10-24-2009, 07:24 PM
Thanks everyone! Glad you all like my little friend :)