PDA

View Full Version : Sundew, Lichen and Moss

Tony Kirkby
02-13-2008, 02:47 AM
This was taken on a granite outcrop near Perth Western Australia.

Nikon D200
SB21b speedlight
Nikon 60mm Macro
F16

Comments welcome

intoit
02-13-2008, 08:49 AM
Tony - these are beautiful. What wonderful colour and the pattern and shapes are great as is the detail! I don't know if this was possible at the time but if I may suggest, I think the composition would have been even stronger had the red flowers been on a diagonal in the frame. It appears there's enough room and white lichen on each side that maybe a tilt of the camera would have made this even more stunning than it already is!

Matthew Pugh
02-13-2008, 02:31 PM
Hi
A lovely combination of subjects, and an image with plenty of colour and texture appeal - and one that I do like. As already mentioned I think the red sundews could have been used more constructively throughout the frame - but a pretty fine view none the less
All the best
Matthew

Mike Moats
02-13-2008, 03:50 PM
Hey Tony, very nice contrasting image. I'm not one to place subjects in the middle of the frame but I might be tempted to place the reds in the middle with the white balancing it out on each end. Just a different perspective. It still a very well done image, with nice sharp details.

Tony Kirkby
02-13-2008, 05:15 PM
Many thaks for the contructive comments. I can't wait till next spring to try again at the same location.

Christoph Belanger
03-01-2008, 09:10 PM
These are some beautiful images... wish for more DOF, but the texture, colors etc. are wonderful... if you added the latin names (looks like D. bulbosa or mayby tubaestylus, you'd have some additional appeal.)