PDA

View Full Version : Oxobw Bend back lit

Alfred Forns
10-22-2009, 10:38 PM
A view of Oxbow Bend into the setting sun, had heavy smoke all times we were there !! HDR

Comments welcome and much appreciated

Canon 1DMk3
17-40 IS
ISO 400
f 22

Morkel Erasmus
10-23-2009, 06:44 AM
I like this Alfred - gorgeous starburst on the sun. I like the effect created by the smoke...

Roman Kurywczak
10-23-2009, 05:54 PM
Hey Alfred,
I like the different take on Oxbow bend but while I love the sunburst and the frame placement....I'm not lovin' the lens flares (into Mt. Moran and right of sun).....and the cars on the right. You may want to consider a crop off the right...at the post/upright and then proportionally off the bottom....cloning/pathing the remaining cars......removing the flares willl provide the final solution to a different take on an often photographed scene.....and help this reach its full potential. Glad to see you put the smoke to good use too!

Dave Mills
10-24-2009, 12:02 PM
Hi Alfred, Very nice overall feel to the image along with a dramatic starburst effect. Good comp but agree with the cropping a bit off the right and eliminating a few of the flares. Different way of looking at this scene and very creative!

Dave Blinder
10-24-2009, 06:40 PM
Love the starburst effect and reflections. I'd give the cloning tool a try here too. Very nice scene.