PDA

View Full Version : Soaked Fuji

Mike Moats
10-22-2009, 08:09 PM
I was out in the swamps this morning shooting the floating leaves. This was shot after my camera unhitch itself from the head and took a swan drive into the swamp water. My hand shot into the water like out of a canon, so the camera wasn't submerged more than a fraction of a second. Had no towel to clean it so had to use my t-shirt. It seems to be working fine as this image was shot after the dunking. You can bet I was cranking on the knob that tightens the camera on the head after that.

Soaked Fuji S5, Tamron 90mm, Fiesol Tripod, Natural Light, F32 at 1sec. Added a little poster edges

Julie Kenward
10-22-2009, 08:58 PM
Cool abstract, Mike! I bet you almost had a heart attack when that camera took a dive! Sheesh!

Only thing I would say negative about this image is the dark LLC. I really wish the detail was there all the way to the frame. I love the papery look to the top part of the leaf and the crack running on the right side of the frame that reveals the leaf below. Very cool work.

What made you think of putting poster edges on this one? Just curious...

Anita Bower
10-24-2009, 12:13 PM
Love the colors, textures, composition here. I hadn't noticed the LRC until I read Jules' post. And, what are the poster edges? So glad you camera seems OK. What a shock!!

Christopher Miller
10-25-2009, 03:21 PM
Love the details and composition, Mike. Glad your camera is OK!

Charles Wesley
10-25-2009, 09:08 PM
Mike,

Love this photo in many ways. I think the diagonal, color and sharpness make it an excellent graphic image.
Got to love that Fuji S5. My first digital camera was a Fuji S1. Coming from film it's results blew me away but it would not compare to todays DSLRs.

Jackie Schuknecht
10-26-2009, 09:43 AM
Love the metallic look to the image Mike. Glad to hear your camera is OK, I am sure you haven't moved that fast in a while!

Desmond Chan
10-28-2009, 02:12 AM
It's amazing that you could see this out of all so many things around you ! Like the overall composition, the play of one texture against another, brightness against darkness, hardness against softness. Like it!