PDA

View Full Version : Hogcamp River Falls, Shenandoah NP

Ed Cordes
10-22-2009, 08:01 PM
This image was made during our Fall vacation to Skyline Drive early this month. It is a nice little run off in the Fall about half way through a 4 mile loop hike.

1DMK2 with 17-40 @ 17. Evaluative metering at ISO 100 with 8 sec at f 14. 2 stop GND used to try to tone down the back light. Tripod, mirror lock up, and remote release. Image is cropped a bit from the right and a multiply layer used to again try to tone down the sky in the BG. LCE and luminance sharpening applied.

Thanks for looking. C&C welcome.

Dave Mills
10-22-2009, 10:45 PM
Hi Ed, good, even lighting on the falls with some detail in the water even with the long exposure. You gave the falls some room in the foreground and added interest there. If this were mine I might crop only 1/4" off the top...

Dennis "Curly" Buchner
10-23-2009, 02:23 PM
Nice Ed I agree with Dave on the crop as my eye wants to go there.

Roman Kurywczak
10-23-2009, 06:22 PM
Hey Ed,
Tough situation here.....falls flow loooked very low so it doesn't stand out as much...especially on the RH side. I agree with the other on the top brightness.....but may go a bit more drastic than Dave on the crop.....more of a pano and cropping below the tree on the right......takes away the bright area entirely and leaves the flow and forest feel intact. Just some food for thought.