PDA

View Full Version : my first submission to the forum

amir ben dov
10-22-2009, 04:04 PM
as a very good friend of Gal Shon (one of the better local photographers), i was actively convinced that i should submit some of my work to this amazing forum

hope to try and reach to the very high standards set here

in the photo: Desert Lark, Ammomanus deserti deserti

Canon EOS-1D Mark III
Av: 8.0
ISO Speed: 200
lens: canon 500mm

amir ben dov

Jan Wegener
10-22-2009, 04:31 PM
very nice first post. I hope you keep such great work coming. :) Lovely bird and setting with nice complementary colors. I like how the BKGR dissolves into the sky.

You could have used a bit of fill flash here to make the bird pop out a bit more and avoid that shadow on the breast. Please do not take this as critic, was just my impression when I saw the picture.

Colin Driscoll
10-22-2009, 05:04 PM
Welcome from another beginner! That's a lovely shot and I like the subtle tones so evocative of desert, the sharpness and low angle. I wonder does the image need a little CW rotation?

Fabs Forns
10-22-2009, 05:45 PM
Hi Amir, red carpet welcome to BPN, I hope we can help you improve your skills and that you will feel right at home!
Very nice specimen, with good pose and head angle. Great EXP control too. I have the impression he could use a clockwise rotation, unless he's standing on a slope.

Will be looking forward to more :)

Tony Whitehead
10-22-2009, 06:54 PM
Welcome, Amir. Excellent first post. I like the colour palette of the image, nice soft frontal lighting and lovely BG - really captures a desert feeling. Agree on the rotation as a possibility and I might crop a little from below to reduce the amount of OOF FG. Looking forward to more of your images.

Stu Bowie
10-23-2009, 12:14 AM
Welcome to BPN Amir. Lovely simple pose and I like the soft pastel colours in this. I agree a rotation is needed, and keep them coming.

Harshad Barve
10-23-2009, 02:05 AM
Big welcome to BPN , lovely image to start with , agreed with comments above
TFS

amir ben dov
10-23-2009, 05:17 PM
thanks alot to all
it is infact a hill, but nevertheless i should try to straiten it a bit
will do !

Gal Shon
10-24-2009, 07:50 PM
Welcome!
lovely image of a beautiful specimen.
The super low angle, light and BG makes this one for me.