PDA

View Full Version : Rusty Blackbird foraging

Geraldo Hofmann
10-22-2009, 03:18 PM
http://www.hofmann-photography.de/BAN/YT6I6013.jpg

Okay it is not the cutest or most colorful species but Rusty Blackbirds are among the strongest declining songbirds in the US. They show a unique foraging behavior when the go for aquatic insects or tiny fish, sadly they are **** fast
<o></o>
EOS 1DS MarkII - ISO 320 f=7.1 t=1/125o sec 500mm + 1.4 <o></o>

Regards Geraldo

Rob Miner
10-22-2009, 06:23 PM
Thanks for shareing, both the picture and the info. To me, you could use more space on the Rt. side of the bird and less on the Lt. for presentation of the bird. Next time crank up the ISO (800?) and keep shooting.

Rob..............

Geraldo Hofmann
10-22-2009, 06:31 PM
Thanks Rob ... I was happy with the ISO (but would not have been possible because one of the buttons got stuck for a couple of days .. because of Mississippi clay or how the locals say gambo) the problem was AF didn't keep track and if the Af did it's job I couldn't keep the Af-field on the bird ... well at least sometimes.

Geraldo

Ray Rozema
10-22-2009, 08:59 PM
I don't usually care for the "non standard bird photos' but I like this one it shows great action/motion and the very intense focus of the bird. I would probably add a little more space to the bottom for the bird to move into.

Stu Bowie
10-23-2009, 12:09 AM
The dorsal view shows the rusty colours very well, and a different fishing posture from the norm. I would move him to the left of the frame. Well captured Geraldo.

Harshad Barve
10-23-2009, 02:02 AM
The dorsal view shows the rusty colours very well, and a different fishing posture from the norm. I would move him to the left of the frame. Well captured Geraldo.

Ditto Stuart here
TFS