PDA

View Full Version : Hidden fruit

Grahame Hamblin
10-22-2009, 01:48 AM
Will take again as i did not leave enough room to twist it Taken with d300 50mm macro f22 iso400

Dave Leroy
10-22-2009, 09:44 AM
I am not sure what you mean by "twist it", but I would prefer more room. The small item in llc is also drawing my attention away from bulb. I am looking forward to your retake of what looks like a very interesting plant. Dave

Julie Kenward
10-22-2009, 08:56 PM
Grahame, be sure to include any basic things you did in the post-production part of the image as well as the camera stats.

I like where you're going here. I do think a larger image would also help us to see better what you did with this. Try posting a 7" x 10" at 72 resolution instead of the 4" x 5". You might have to take the jpeg compression down to a "9" or "10" but at least we could better view the details of the image.

Your image seems to be a little hazy as well. Are you using Photoshop for your pp? If so, open levels, click the "auto" button and watch what happens. Another good way to get rid of that hazy look is to open an exposure adjustment and barely scoot the offset slider to the left just a hair.

Anita Bower
10-24-2009, 12:15 PM
The colors are lovely. I, too, would like to see more border to frame the subject, and a bit more punch.