PDA

View Full Version : 7D BIF/Bird Fight

Kiran Khanzode
10-21-2009, 09:55 PM
I know there's a lot to critique in the image, but I hope you can enjoy the moment captured. And I am no bird photog by any means, leave alone BIF. :-) . The drama happened for about a second, 7D fired all 8fps as demanded.

7D, 400 f/5.6, ISO 400, 1/3200, hand held.

Regards,
Kiran

Harshad Barve
10-21-2009, 10:04 PM
little canvas in bottom with talon repair job if your ethics allows
rest , I am loving this moment
TFS

Kiran Khanzode
10-21-2009, 10:16 PM
Thx, Harry ! Feel free to edit and re-post with suggested changes. Would love to learn. :-)

Doug Brown
10-21-2009, 10:24 PM
You really nailed the focus on the hawk! Cool interaction captured! Was this full frame? My only critique would be that I'm not a big fan of huge copyrights across images; they really detract from the image viewing experience IMO. Thanks for sharing!

Brian Barcelos
10-21-2009, 10:55 PM
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2561/4034001172_0b92dfa072_o.jpg

Kiran, lovely action shot. Nothing like crows to give you good BIF's of hawks, they always get them in the air for you.

Here I added canvas at the bottom and basically lassoed the claws and toes individually and copied in a separate layer and maneuvered them around into position, pretty simple and easy once you try it a few times. Hope you don't mind. Could be a lot better if done on raw file.

I also agree with Doug about the copyright.

Harshad Barve
10-21-2009, 10:57 PM
awesome repost

Kiran Khanzode
10-21-2009, 11:05 PM
Amazing fix, Brian !!! Doug, yes, sadly this was FF, happened too close to me. Sorry about the copyright, will take care in the future.

Brian, you rock !!!

Dave Barnes
10-22-2009, 01:39 AM
Moment well captured, just a pity about the claw clipping.
What I would like to see is a portrait crop with the raven removed and a bit of space below with the claw added. I think this would make a superb image.

Stu Bowie
10-22-2009, 01:58 AM
Excellent detail captured, and love the light in this. Interesting posture, and Im going with Dave on the Comp. Still, a moment that you captured very well.

arash_hazeghi
10-22-2009, 03:15 AM
Excellent timing and great action shot, hawk is nice and sharp, watermark has been mentioned. I would take Brain's repost, and move to crow further to the right and up to put space between it and the hawk, since the crow is not within dof it somewhat distracts when it is too close to the sharp claws.
This shot is excellent but it would be up on the top if crow was in focus and had better position, as it is you can actually clone out the crow and just focus on the hawk by itself, although that would eliminate the story. What the do the preceding frames look like? If your ethics allow I would grab the crow from the frame it has the best pose and just paste to this frame, but that is up to you.

Thanks for sharing

paul leverington
10-22-2009, 05:35 AM
Excellent PS work on the toes Brian--I can't tell at all that you did some borrowing. Great repost--makes the shot. Brian --what did you do to lighten the shot?--definitely has more pop in your version.

Jeeszz --the detail rocks off that 7D! If you could go back an extract out a little detail in the dark areas from the tiff on this one Kiran, especially on the crow, that would be fantastic. The shot is very exciting and very interesting.

Paul

Brian Barcelos
10-22-2009, 07:59 AM
Paul, I think by adding more space underneath made the image look brighter because I didn't do anything except rebuild the toes and claws.

Kiran Khanzode
10-22-2009, 10:02 AM
Thx, all ! Here's a vertical attempt.

Brian Barcelos
10-22-2009, 10:25 AM
Kiran, good job on the Talons. Not as hard as it looks right? I like this comp but would add a little more space on the bottom, otherwise this is an awsome image. Congrats

Dave Barnes
10-22-2009, 11:05 AM
Ditto Brian, I would also add a bit more space below. This now makes a very interesting image.

Morkel Erasmus
10-23-2009, 06:36 AM
great capture - repost does the trick although there's some tonal differences in the cloned patch of blue showing.