PDA

View Full Version : Porkie Waterfalls

Dennis "Curly" Buchner
10-21-2009, 07:26 PM
Unnamed waterfalls in the Porcupine Mountains.

1d3
1.6@f/16
iso 100
17-40 lens
tripod
sigh-ray polarizer

Joe Senzatimore
10-21-2009, 09:03 PM
Beautiful color and DOF. Love the water as well. I might have cropped a bit off the large tree on the right , but just my taste. Still love it as is.

Dave Mills
10-22-2009, 05:29 PM
Hi Dennis, Great time of year to shoot waterfalls and streams. The water has an appealing softness while retaining some detail. With this type of image I might have concentrated on one or the other flows. Part of it could be due to the amount of space between them and also the fact that the bottom falls is cut rather abruptly. Would have liked to have seen more flow in front of it. Well handled technically...

Ed Cordes
10-22-2009, 10:10 PM
Dave has a good point of photographing each falls separately. However, I like this as presented as it shows the total environment you were hiking in. The yellow leaves really set this off well.

Dennis "Curly" Buchner
10-23-2009, 02:30 PM
Thanks everybody for your help. I did photograph each falls separate but this image caught my eye.

Morkel Erasmus
10-23-2009, 04:38 PM
very peaceful image. I like the flow of the water and the rich colours.

Roman Kurywczak
10-23-2009, 05:18 PM
Hey Curly,
And yet another opinion... even though it is late to the party!....was there any way to move right and eliminate the LH tree?......I think the RH tree is OK....left one....not my cup of tea. Moving right and forward....to get more of the LH base and still include the RH cascade was the way to go IMO......but not sure it was possible!.....so keep that in mind. Colors and exposure are right on. Another question...move right on other side of tree....make it a LH frame....possible? More random thoughts by the madman!

Dennis "Curly" Buchner
10-23-2009, 07:25 PM
You have taught me well madman as I have many different angles, I should have gone back and shot them with waders. The water was high and fast for the first time in twenty years so it was hard to get the nice water flow. I do not have a LH frame. Thanks again